Friday, November 16, 2007

Great News!



I got 6 pieces accepted into Si-LA's Illustration West 46 competition! Here are my winning entries. They will only be featured online though. The gallery they're showing at this year is small, so the judging was tough. The pieces showing at the gallery are the award winners and the top 20% of the entries.

This week I've been working non-stop on drawings for the big Hive show next year. I came up with tons of ideas, finished the drawings for 3 epic pieces, and the drawings for 5 character ones. Exciting! I'm considering posting them soon, but I would much rather get the paintings finished.

Recently purchased Hanne Hukkelberg's newest album, Rykestrasse 68, and it is sensational. "Ticking Bomb" is probably my favorite track, but every song is incredible. It is the perfect soundtrack for the work I'm doing at the moment. I highly recommend her to anyone.

More soon.

5 comments:

Marc said...

Congratulations Mia! Well deserved.

Cheers,

Marc

Mia said...

Thanks so much, Marc.

I didn't know you had a blog! Very cool. I favorited it on Technorati.

All the best!
Mia

prince of cake. said...

6?? holy crap mia. youre amazing. i want to see the sketches of the epic paintings. see what youre getting into. haha.

Monica Grue said...

whoa that's awesome! great job!

Mia said...

thank you, both!