Thursday, February 21, 2008

(Please excuse the strange layout of the images on this post!)


I wanted to take the time to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone in Corteo, and especially to my dear friend Uzeyer for this amazing gift that I will treasure forever. You guys made my millenium!

As some people know, I have been designing Uzeyer's website, for the past few months. (Uzeyer does an unbelievable ladder act in the Cirque du Soleil production, Corteo). I'd say the website is 90-95% finished, but I will put up the link when it's done.

As a thank-you, he sent me this beautiful sculpture, signed by about 60 different Corteo artists, most of which I've seen perform live, and all of whom I greatly admire. In these photos, I tried to capture as many of the signatures as I could.

Uzeyer is an amazing person in every way, and I am extremely grateful to have a friend like him. UZEYER: YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!
Much love to everyone in Corteo who signed this. You don't know how much this means to me!

To my readers: If you want to see something truly spectacular, go see Corteo live—they begin their run in Portland, Oregon in about a week. (http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/ for more details).





























2 comments:

Uzeyer Novruzov said...

Thank you Mia!
It was my pleasure!

Mia said...

And mine as well. <3
Talk to you soon!