Friday, March 21, 2008

Where Does the Time Go??

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" 14.5 x 12.5" acrylic on wood. SOLD.


...it's long, long gone. I can't belive it's only two weeks until the opening of the Hive's 3rd year anniversary show! I never thought that I could get stuff done this fast. Here's a sneak peek at the piece that's being featured on the postcards.

Sometimes I wonder whether Otis really was that much work at all? hahaha, that's a good thing. Luckily, I got the brilliant idea to look into audiobooks, so I can accomplish twice the amount of work.. (my version of "cheating time"). It's addicting! I need more cultural outings, so I forced my sister to book us tickets to the Bob Dylan exhibition for tomorrow morning, just to get me out of the house. (What does fresh air taste like?) I'm really excited to see it...I've been waiting for weeks now, actually.

Painting-wise...hm! I guess I haven't posted work in a long time. Everything I do is for upcoming shows, and my sketchbook is a mess of chicken-scratched ideas for new paintings. Posting in itself takes away some valuable time. Suffice it to say that I'm really excited about the direction that my work is taking, and I am extremely thankful to have all these upcoming shows to fill paintings with these new discoveries.

I'm coming up with a technique for a schedule though, really. My problem is that I tend to paint until my eyes can't stay open any longer, but I've realized that breaks, outings, and the like are just as important as producing the work itself. If I force something into my calendar, I have no choice but to fulfill the engagement. Simple. And besides, a couple per month is good enough. I do think I'm solving problems a little faster too, in the drawing stage, and new ideas come before I'm even done with a piece.

Well. Now that that's out of my system! Color comps, here I come...

3 comments:

prince of cake. said...

i am so jealous of your colors. jealous is spelt kinda funny. btw, i have not heard from you in ages! what's the dealio?

Spicy Green Burrito said...

that a beautiful painting mia. one of my favorites of yours so far. the colors are bomb!

Mia said...

arthur: the dealio is my work (this isn't much different from Otis, except I'm not forced to go to class AND work at home, I just get to work at home all the time..)! I've always had a hard time carving out free time for myself. but i'll be seeing you at the opening! : )

monica: thank you, glad you like it : )