Monday, April 28, 2008

FINALLY!!

My poor friend Uzeyer has been VERY patient, but his website is finally all done and ready for viewing pleasure. I worked on this thing every Sunday of my existence (as well as a couple of weeks here and there in '07 and early '08) since I met him last Fall.

Remember folks, websites are not my specialty. I've made one for myself before, but those were the only credentials he required (lol). So I gave it a go, and I'm glad I did. It was a lot of fun getting to know him during the process and becoming friends, and I'm pretty pleased with the result. There's a lot of info and content that I had to put up, so planning it was a bit tricky. Uzeyer approved and nit-picked every step of the way. He was really professional and has a sharp eye. : )

And of course, I couldn't have done the video section's pop-up window thing at all if it hadn't been for the amazing Noah Dziobecki! He took out some time from a hectic work week to help me with that, and I am eternally grateful(and so is Uzeyer)!

I don't have a fancy banner or anything though, so go here: FreeLadderman.com


On other things...(Que pedaso de idolo va ser este pibe...)
Translation: "Mr. Walmart, I love you!" Well, not really, but pretty close to it :P This guy just made my weekend.

Penultimately: I will soon share the 12 drawings I've been working on this past week, as well as the three watercolor paintings that I finished. I still have to make a 32-page dummy and finish 9 more watercolors, but we'll worry about that later.

Lastly, I listened to Bob Dylan's autobiography, "Chronicles Volume 1", on audiobook, read by the unbelievable Sean Penn. I nearly jumped out of my seat when Mr. Penn began reading. He sounded uncannily identical to Dylan throughout the entire book. I highly recommend this book, either in print or in audio format. It's really a great piece of history at the same time as being poignant and poetic. Dylan really is a master with words. I die...I die...
Happy first day at your new job, B! <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia!!!! Its Jennifer from Otis, just thought I'd drop in on your site to see your progress, and tell you that I loved your work at the show and it was so nice seein ya!!!!! Your art is super nice ( not like it wasnt at Otis too) and keep up the good work...proud of ya girl..and nowim off to Brazil on July 14th to explore a bit and see what comes of that!

Mia said...

Hey Jennifer!! So good to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous time in Brazil! You'll be right next door to my home country (Argentina) so say hello for me, haha.
Best of luck to you and hope all is well.
Mia