Sunday, May 31, 2009

Some excitement :)

I made it into Creative Quarterly again-- this time in issue 15 under the Professional Illustration category rather than the student section like last time. You can flip through the current issue online here. CQ is now doing two neat sections called "What Inspires You?" (in which the published artists share an image of something that inspires them - mine is the vintage photo at the top of the page) and the "New Talent Gallery" (which is a collage of artist photo-portraits and our names all jumbled up with arrows connecting the photo to the name - mine is the only sepia tone full-length one, towards the middle).

Anyway, here is my published entry, the cover of the magazine, and the pages where I was featured in those other two sections.




The great IllustrationMundo published news about my Paper Tiger print, as did OMGPosters, Inside the Rock Poster Frame, and ArtMOCO-- thanks!

And as I promised, here are some drawings for the upcoming Corey Helford show (July 25). I've finished both paintings so far, am half done with a third and am now starting the big 24" x 36" painting. I'll upload the drawing for that one later. This will be my second 2'x 3' painting, but this time I'll have a proper easel to aid me instead of a wobbly skinny little table easel.

"An Ocean of Memories." the drawing's a bit smaller, but the painting will be 22" x 15.5"


"Gloomy Sunday" 7"x7". It's based on the famous song composed by Rezs┼Ĺ Seress.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Absolutely stunning work! Those sketches are ridiculous. Please have them for sale at the show. Can't wait for July!

zoe said...

the locket sprouting roses, the ship and dragon... i can't wait to see the completed work! will those be sirens at the top right?

Mia said...

hey tom, thanks! that last one is on tracing paper, but I might sell the ones I did on paper..we'll see :)

zoe: glad you like it! i opted out of the sirens, as i thought it was better without them :)