Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Done!



Just finished my painting for the Mark Murphy group show at Art Basel, coming up in December. So I thought I'd share the rough sketch I did before I started painting. I should have a jpeg of the final piece later this week, but I'm a little excited about how fast I did this one. 2 weeks for an 18" x 18" painting is not bad :)

I'll have the painting and a more polished, not-on-tracing-paper drawing for sale at that show. If you are interested, please contact murphy@murphydesign.com

My facebook friends already heard about this little moment so I'll share it here-- Mark Murphy came to speak at Otis when I was in my sophomore year, and I've wanted to work with him ever since, so I really can't believe my little dream has come true so fast! I feel truly honored, so thanks Mark for inviting me into this show :)

Now I'm off to bed, but next week..NY, NY! We will be releasing a very limited and huge print of my 3'x4' piece on Saturday November 7th-- more info soon on that, but for you NY locals I will be at a live print release/signing on that day from 12 to 3pm at the gallery. Check out the following flyer for the address and all the venue info:

4 comments:

Heidi Alamanda said...

That's a really nice drawing. Please post the final painting too:)

Tom said...

This makes me so happy to hear that you're going to make a print of your huge piece! I will ordering one for sure. Can't wait till you post the details. Have fun in NY,NY Mia!!

zoe said...

congratulations! maybe i'll see you at basel? how exciting!
the drawing looks great, can't wait to see the painting... :)

Mia said...

Thanks all of you :)

Tom: thanks, details very soon!

zoe: Unfortunately I won't be at Basel this year :*( But if you are, please take pictures and share!!