Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why, hello...


2010 Sketchbooks.

I've been swamped lately, and trying to be more efficient with my time, so a quick hello! While clearing away my work space, I uncovered a pile of sketchbooks that I finished over the past 6 months, and thought I would share them with you. I'm nearly finished with another one, and scribbling away at three others, while working on all 4 of my upcoming Roq la Rue paintings, which are in various stages of the process. It's all quite wild.

But anyway, a quick shout out to some of the press that covered my CHG show:

Arrested Motion - preview and opening night coverage.
NBC Blog
Juxtapoz - Sneak Peek and opening night coverage
Hi-Fructose
Coates and Scarry
Creep Machine

And to any of you that I missed, it's all hugely appreciated!

In honor of All Hallow's Eve, a big belated thanks to Odette for sharing the Bride of Frankenstein piece that I did last year, on her blog Wicked Halo. She posted a wide variety of artists' takes on the famous Bride. Another rendition that you should check out is one that my friend Tom Bagshaw did recently - it's absolutely gorgeous!

I like this photo-post thing, and I think I will do another soon...

2 comments:

Annika said...

Ooooohh I love to see your sketchbooks!Your work is a huge inspiration to me. It was great to see the press release too. Have a wonderful and creative day! Annika :)

Mia said...

hey, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment Annika! I'm glad that my work is inspiring to you, even in sketchbook form ^__^ Have a lovely weekend!