Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello, 2011. Nice to meet ya.

Here is what I've been working on for the past month or so...



Of course I'm quite a ways farther on them now than when these were taken (otherwise I'd be in serious trouble), but I can't share just yet ;) But sheesh, it's been about a month since last I kicked over here! Hope you all enjoyed the holidays, the New Year's parties, and all that jazz. I wasn't too sad to see 2010 leave (that's quite an understatement actually), so suffice it to say that the accursed year is gone and I am hopefully making the first post of a much better one!

Before I go off and burrow away for the next month, here is what is on my schedule to start the year off:

• “Suggestivism” Group Museum Exhibition, curated by Nathan Spoor. Grand Central Art Center. Santa Ana, CA. February 5 - April 10, 2011.

• "The Secret Keepers", 2-Person show alongside Brian Despain. Roq la Rue Gallery. Seattle, WA. February 11-March 5, 2011.

• “Eau de Parfum” group show. Dorothy Circus Gallery. Rome, Italy. February 25-April 16, 2011.

Explanations in more detail:
My 'Four Seasons' painting from 2008 will be on view with permission from its owner at my only Museum show this year-- the "Suggestivism" Group Exhibition curated by Nathan Spoor. It's quite a lineup, and I am very honored to be a part of this incredible event. The curators have also put together an exhibition catalog/book that interviews and showcases every artist in the show! More info to come on how and where you can get one.

"The Secret Keepers" is the name of my portion of the 2-Person show happening at Roq la Rue next month. I will be sharing the gallery with the wonderful Brian Despain, and I will have 4 new paintings (the two above are included in that lot) on show there. Also, there's still a chance that I might be there in person at the opening (keeping my fingers crossed), so it should be exciting!

And last on that list for now, is a group show at Dorothy Circus based on the theme 'perfume' - my "Eau de Parfum' piece will be there with permission from its owner, so those of you in Rome can see my work in person for the first time :)

And that covers it! I may pop up every week or so to divulge a few more process things and further info about these shows, but I will otherwise be completely married to my easel for the next few weeks. So until next time, dear reader...

4 comments:

Charles Santoso said...

Thanks for the kind words on FB, Mia. Your works are really beautiful too.

Have a great 2011 and all the best! :D

Mia said...

wow, thanks so much Charles! Same to you :D

Robbie said...

Hi Mia, Just dropping you a line to let you know how much i enjoy your work. Being in Australia i dint think i will ever get to see any of your originals, so this is the next best thing. Thank you & all the best for 2011. Robbie

Mia Araujo said...

hi Robbie - didn't see your comment til just now. chances are you won't read this but glad you're a fan! hey you never know - i'd love to visit Australia someday ;) take care!