Friday, April 1, 2011

Costume sketches and...Spectrum!

My sister and I caught the tail-end of LACMA's "Fashioning Fashion" costume exhibition last weekend - a spectacular collection of 18th century to early 20th century clothing. We were there for over 3 hours, and I sketched of course! Perfect way to spend a late Saturday afternoon.



Below are some reference sketches that I did of old Russia just for fun:



And, I ventured outside a couple weeks ago to sketch this view of my neighborhood:


If you made it this far, you get to know the bit of news that just made my week: I got accepted into Spectrum 18! You can find me in the 'A' part of the list :) As of a few months ago, I decided to go by 'Mia Araujo' (pronounced 'uh-raw-ho'). Always bugged me a bit that I had no last name to a name! Will share which image made it in...as soon as I find out for myself!
xxx

2 comments:

The Goddess said...

I looooooove that type of fashion. Great sketches. I would love to see something like that. :)

Mia Araujo said...

me too!! It really makes all the difference to stand in front of them and draw, instead of looking at photos. It was some kind of heaven :) Glad you liked them!