Thursday, April 7, 2011

An image-heavy post, I warn you.

I may have missed the opening and the second reception, but I sure made it to the closing reception of 'Suggestivism' last weekend! Grand Central Art Center is a gorgeous space, and was packed all night! Here are some photos that my sister took :) I'm honored to be included amongst instructors, friends, and heroes in this incredible exhibition.
Reunited with 'The Four Seasons' after nearly 2 years.
Close but no cigar...the sign by my piece says that it's oil on board, but don't be fooled- 'tis acrylic on wood!


Alex Gross.

Bob Dob.

Greg Simkins.

Todd Schorr's stunner was difficult to shoot because of all the people crowded around it all night.

Nathan Ota.

Naoto Hattori.

Femke Hiemstra's gorgeous 'Funeral of a Ghost' was kinda hard to capture because of the glossy sheen. It's one of my favorites of hers ever.

Elizabeth McGrath.

Kris Kuksi.

The crowd here looks deceptively small compared to how it really was all night!

And last but not least, you can now cover your gadgets with artwork from the show, thanks to Gelaskins! Limited Editions, available for Ipod Touch, Iphone, and the Ipad, at the Grand Central Art Center store. Here are mine (for Ipad) and Femke Hiemstra's (for Ipod) along with a show card. The show closes on April 17th, 2011.

2 comments:

H Niyazi said...

Wow! Looks like it was a wonderful show. Seeing that pic of you in front of Four Seasons was nice - it's my fave (as you may remember from our interview).

I wish they had those gelaskins for more devices - they look awesome!

Keep up the amazing work.

Kind Regards
H

Mia Araujo said...

Hey, thanks so much!! Oh and I fixed the link, by the way, thanks for letting me know!
Great hearing from you :)
Mia xxx