Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Interview + What I'm up to


Here's an interview I did with Empty Kingdom a couple weeks ago...check it out!

Also, thought I'd fill you all in on what I've been up to lately...was working for the past month or so on a new painting for Roq la Rue's 'Lush Life' group show, which has recently been rescheduled to December...so now I have more time to work on it! I've since switched gears to begin a couple of new pieces:

-the first will be a drawing (similar in style and presentation to the 'Inle' show piece) for Strychnin Gallery's 'Enchanted Forest' group show, which will benefit the World Wildlife Foundation in honor of this being the International Year of the Forest.

-The second will be my largest piece of the year, a 24" x 36" painting for Corey Helford Gallery's 5-Year Anniversary Group Exhibition and celebration! Very excited for both of these pieces.

I'm also wrapping up a drawing commission-triptych, which turned out to be a lot more complex than I had first imagined. I'm really excited about how it's turning out, as I started over on it quite a few times. Hey, some pieces are trickier than others!

AND...I received a letter from Spectrum announcing that 3(!!) of my pieces were accepted into their 18th annual. These two will be in the 'unpublished' category:

"Two Spirits"

"The Priestess"

...and the third makes it my first time being in the published 'Book' category:
"Snow in Summer"

This painting is the cover image for Jane Yolen's upcoming young adult novel 'Snow in Summer', a 1930's Appalachian Snow White story coming out this fall. The publishing company was kind enough to let me exhibit it at Roq la Rue in February.
And now, back to my disappearing act!

No comments: