Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spectrum, Sketches, & Studies

Hello, new followers and old friends!
I've been crazy-busy with painting, but I have a few things to share with you. The good folks at Spectrum posted a video preview of the upcoming 18th annual! My three pieces can be seen during minutes 1:33, 6:02, and 6:54, respectively...so excited to see them in print!



It's an amazing-looking book, and apparently already available for pre-order on Amazon. Go get it!

Next up...some simple costume sketches that I've been doing from Downton Abbey, which I'm currently obsessed with. I'm not a tv person, but this show is right up my alley, particularly since I've adored the Edwardian period for more than a decade, and get sucked right into that world. Love it!


And here's the full image of the modified master copy in oils that I posted last time...just an exploration with paint strokes. (Pardon the wonky camera angle.)

Lastly, huge thanks to Ricardo Ferreira for spreading the love and showcasing my work on his blog! Very kind of you, sir.

More soon, I promise!
Until next time...

No comments: