Friday, March 8, 2013

Game of Thrones


‘Porcelain, Ivory, Steel.’ 16” x 20.” Acrylic on wood.

Forgive the delay, but I've had a flurry of different things going on the past few months, some of which I'm still unable to share right now. But today I can finally unveil my contribution to HBO and Mondo Gallery's ‘Game of Thrones’ group exhibit, opening March 8th at SXSW in Austin, TX.

It was a dream come true and an absolute thrill to paint so many of my favorite characters from my favorite show on television..all with HBO's approval!

Below are some of my sketches and studies done in preparation for the piece, back in January. I finished the piece in February, so you can imagine how long I've been dying to share it with you ;)





For those of you near Austin, the opening reception will be from 7pm-10pm on the 8th, and the show runs til March 12th. Do take photos and share them, if you go! More about the show here:


 For inquiries/sales please contact gallery@mondotees.com
Or view their website after the show opens, for the preview page.

More from me soon!!
xxx

2 comments:

Lynet Sandoval Witty said...

that is awesome! lovely lovely!

Mia Araujo said...

thanks, Lynet! :)